Sunny Meadows Flower Farm is an urban flower farm located 6 miles from downtown Columbus, producing sustainably grown fresh cut flowers.
We strive for responsible stewardship, with fairly treated employees, supporting a healthy community. Our flowers evoke feelings of nostalgia, creating a botanical journey through seasonality and plant diversity. We hope to cultivate a greater connection to where your flowers come from, historically influenced by small-scale floriculture.
Sunny Meadows Flower Farm was established in 2006 by Steve and Gretel Adams. We both found we had a deep passion for farming and a strong drive to make our business the best we can be. Being first generation farmers, finding mentors to learn from has become an important part of how we’ve built Sunny Meadows. Once we began growing, we immediately fell in love with spreading the joy of flowers. We started by selling straight bunches of flowers (mainly sunflowers and zinnias), until we started making bouquets, and that’s when the obsession with flower artistry really began. We realized we could create a botanical adventure by using what's seasonally in bloom, making our weekly bouquets ever-changing. We have multiple sales outlets, and focus as a business on both production and specialty crops.
Our passion drives our growth to supply more people with domestically-grown flowers, setting us apart from the industry’s global market of imports that it is today.
2023 TEAM PHOTO. THANKS TO THIS AMAZING TEAM FOR A GREAT YEAR!!
Our Growing Standards:
We focus on creating a healthy environment for our plants to grow and for us to work in through responsible land stewardship. Therefore, we minimize the use of chemicals by growing sustainably and resiliently with organic practices in mind. We make a ton of our own compost and focus on soil health with organic amendments.
We focus on integrated pest management to utilize beneficial insects and minimize our effect on pollinators, and use mechanical cultivation to decrease weed pressure rather than herbicides.
- We will express gratitude for those that have supported us throughout the business.
- We will create a safe work environment for communication and guide a synergy amongst the team.
- We will be respectful and lead by example with integrity and trust.
- We will implement good management practices to sustain employment for our core team.
- We will strive to lead a balanced lifestyle.
- We will practice good crop rotations and utilize equipment in order to maximize profit and efficiency.
- We will constantly strive to reduce our costs in order to maintain reasonable prices.
- We will use preventative measures and biological controls whenever possible should problems arise with pests or diseases.
- With our selection of specialty cuts, we will create a botanical journey through seasonality and plant diversity.
- We will strive to be the leading cut flower supplier in the Midwest, providing outstanding customer service and quality product.
- We will pursue growth and understand that there is always more to learn.
Our farm will be an example of a profitable, sustainable, successful business. We will focus on not only growing flowers, but also developing people through work culture, and creating lasting relationships throughout the community.
Co-Owner, Head Grower, tractor operator/ field coordinator, greenhouse & production coordinator, team leader, sales, and finances.
Florist Sales Lead & Office Crew Member
Barn Crew Manager & Florist Order Pulling Lead
Bouquet Lead & Barn Crew Member
Maintenance/Repair Manager & Irrigation Lead
Greenhouse Maintenance, Dahlia Harvest Lead, & Field Spraying Lead
Co-Owner, Operations Orchestrator, harvest & sales/ barn coordinator, office coordinator, team leader, production coordinator, and dahlia master.
Retail Sales Lead & Office Crew Member
Delivery Driver & Property Manager for Home Farm
Harvest Lead, Field Spraying Lead, & Cultivation Lead
Field Crew Member & Home Farm Harvest
Field Planting Manager & Harvest Crew Lead
Social Media Manager, Barn Crew Manager, & Office Crew Member.
Delivery Driver Lead
Home Farm Harvest Lead & Greenhouse Maintenance
Field Crew Member & Home Farm Harvest
Shipping Manager & Barn Crew Member